Friday 13 September 2013

Simon says yes to placement

We recommend all our Tourism students undertake a work placement to help their future career prospects.

Simon Haseldine spent a year with AMF Bowling and believes this was extremely worthwhile: "I thought it was vital for me to do a placement in the UK because there was more chance of progressing throughout the Tourism sector.

"My experience of working was invaluable to me, as it meant I had the chance to do some manager training in order to give me a better chance of employment after graduating.

"During my placement I learned all the daily managerial duties and I feel the experience has given me more confidence, extra independence and helped me get a better understanding of the industry.

"I would highly recommend the placement year as you learn so much more by being able to transfer your classroom skills into workplace skills."

No comments:

Post a Comment