Thursday 24 July 2014

Student tackles Nomadical internship

UCLan Tourism undergraduate Ben Chadwick is currently in New Zealand on the internship section of his course, conducting a 12 month placement with Nomads World, a well-known chain of backpacker's hostels across New Zealand, Australia, Fiji and Thailand.

Ben has kindly provided us with feedback about his internship: "For my first six months, I'm working for Nomads Auckland, situated within the heart of the city. I'm responsible for sales and reservations within the hostel, in addition to promoting local events, managing service quality and representing the company to the best possible standard.

"As the season starts to improve in September, I'll be rotated into a travel sales role, managing the sales of tours and activities for backpackers across New Zealand. I'll be responsible for maximising sales of our high earning ancillary products, Kiwi Experience and Stray Travel, which both create a chunk of additional revenue for the organisation.

"During the second half of my placement I hope to be transferred to Queenstown in the South Island, which would enable me to have experienced the wonders of both the North and South Islands in New Zealand.

"Throughout my internship I'll be conducting a project which will enable me to complete the first assignment of my internship module, whilst generating research and ideas that will benefit Nomads World. I've discussed a topic with my general manager and begun research on how Nomads hostels can maximise occupancy rates and revenue throughout the Cricket World Cup 2015 which will be co-hosted by Australia and New Zealand.

"I'm thoroughly enjoying my time in New Zealand and would like to thank Nomads World, New Zealand Internships and most of all UCLan for allowing me to undertake a placement in such a magnificent country as New Zealand."

No comments:

Post a Comment