Friday 17 July 2015

Jonty's academic excellence gets just rewards

UCLan Tourism graduate Jonty Hickson has been recognised for his outstanding academic efforts after securing the Davina Chaplin Memorial Prize 2015.

The award is made for Achievement in Integration of Academic Themes within the School of Sport, Tourism and The Outdoors.

After successfully completing the UCLan Foundation Degree in Tourism & Events Management at Runshaw College, Jonty joined luxury travel company, Destinology, whilst continuing his studies on our programme at Preston.

He said the transition from Foundation to the BA (Hons) degree was faultless. "If you needed any support, UCLan has the facilities to assist you - from the staff at Wiser to the Student Services, they're all on hand to help if required," said Jonty.

"As a mature student, parent and sales consultant at Destinology, I initially had a few worries about my workload. However, the assignment workshops helped me greatly in structuring my work around the peak sales season of January and February.

"I've enjoyed my time at UCLan so much I'm seriously considering postgraduate research, as I would love to give something back to the industry that has employed me for the last 20 years.

"I'd like to advise any Foundation Degree students who move onto the Top-up programme to attend the ice-breaking event during Welcome Week, as this gives you the opportunity to meet fellow students and lecturers - it’s a fun day and a great start to life at UCLan.

"I'd also like to mention all the staff at UCLan have been amazing - thanks for your support."

No comments:

Post a Comment