Thursday 5 September 2013

Disney delight for Adam

Our placement opportunities for Tourism students are extremely varied.

Adam Smith spent a year working at Walt Disney World in Orlando, Florida and thinks the experience has made him a stronger individual.

Adam has kindly offered his thoughts on his time in Florida: "As a Tourism student I didn’t think there was a better place to spend my year anywhere other than the world’s biggest name in the industry.

"During the year I had three different job roles, initially working in Merchandise at Hollywood Studios. I then moved to the Operations section at the same park, which included Parade Control and audience control at Fantasmic.

"The final six months I worked as a Character Performer which was a lot of fun. All the roles were very different and they all had their challenges, but it was all part of the adventure and I feel stronger in myself for overcoming them.

"The overall experience was awesome and so valuable for gaining useful transferable skills such as communication, guest service and organisation. Looking back I've grown so much, not only in my skills set but also as a person.

"I'm so grateful for the opportunity and would advise the experience to anyone, as it was arguably the best year of my life."

No comments:

Post a Comment