Wednesday 4 September 2013

Whitney's year in the sun

Our students are provided with many opportunities to gain valuable work experience.

Whitney Hawkins spent her placement year working in the Iberostar Hotel Las Dalias in Tenerife and believes the experience will help her career in the future.

"My placement involved working for six months in the bar and restaurant department, before moving onto the reception.

"While in Tenerife I saw first hand the effort and hard work involved in running a hotel and gained some valuable skills that will benefit me in my future career.

"I also picked up the basics of Spanish which I hope to continue to learn. I would recommend the placement year to everyone as it really is one of the best years of the course.

"It can be challenging at times but the memories and experiences will stay with you forever."

No comments:

Post a Comment