Tuesday 16 February 2016

Student Profile of one of the Speakers from the Alumni Event - Joanna Kipps

Joanna Kipps was one of our speakers who came to speak to our Tourism students about her career journey. It was good to see one of our students doing well and sharing their experiences with the students.

Here Joanna tells us what she has been doing since she has graduated in 2013. "I completed my degree in International Tourism Management in 2013. The biggest highlight for me was my internship in Disney World Florida and teaching at the Green Gecko School in Cambodia. On return from Cambodia I decided to look into a career in teaching. The following September I began my PGCE in further education in Edgehill, Ormsirk. I have now successfully obtained the role of a college Lecturer at Bury College where I am a course tutor for BTEC Travel and Tourism. To aid my career progression I am now studying a MSc in Tourism and Hospitality Management at UCLan. I feel that a Masters Degree will enhance my opportunities in both education and industry."

No comments:

Post a Comment